Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy New Year

Vacation in the UP was great, I love spending time with Addy and Izzy - so so much as Addy would say and my second New Year's Eve celebration in a row with Sonya and Cecil and their friends in Viroqua was even better than the first one. Although the drive to Viroqua was almost as crazy as when Denise Kiecker and I decided to drive from Gustavus in my 1990 Black Nissan Stanza aka "Stanley" to drive to University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point to check out the University that we would both eventually transfer and become housemates and dear friends. Denise and TJ also live in Viroqua - I tell you, this is one happening rural Wisconsin town, as if Boulder, Colorado and rural Wisconsin collided in some alternative Universe. Denise and TJ are rock'n the world with their Kickapoo coffee and their superman Cedar.

In addition to coming off grand travel adventures, the New Year is bringing me new love! I have reconnected with Kaaren Williamsen and as of last weekend when she spontaneously made the trip out to DC, we are dating and really excited. Kaaren was a year ahead of me at Gustavus. We barely knew one another, but have several friends in common, and magic, we reconnected 15 years later. Kaaren does live in Northfield, MN working at Carleton College. She grew up outside of DC in Annapolis where her parents still live. We were able to get a last minute plane ticket for her to come to DC for inaguration, so we promise to take lot's of photos. Here's a video from 2 blocks from my house from election evening http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=941d85S8NQ8 I cannot even tell you how crazy exciting times are no matter your party affiliation.

I have had on my goal to complete my first Danskin sprint triahlon for sometime and finally feel like I am in a good place to make that dream happen this year.

That's all for now! xoxo Steph

No comments: